Parish & Community Libraries Services Section
The Aggiornamento Award, established in 1980, is presented by the Parish and Community Library Services Section through the Aggiornamento Award Committee. It is awarded annually in recognition of an outstanding contribution made by an individual or an organization for the renewal of parish and community life in the spirit of Blessed John XXIII (1881-1963).
The Parish and Community Library Services Section assists in the ministries of the Church by providing spiritual enrichment to parish members, by enabling parish librarians to select and organize print and non-print resources for religious education and, through these materials, to answer questions of those inquiring about the Catholic Church. It believes that the parish library is a valuable tool in catechesis, and assists religious community libraries in providing the finest spiritual books and media to support vocations. It accomplishes these goals by:
– Personal phone, mail and e-mail assistance to members
– Publication of the Handbook for Church Librarians’ Catholic Supplement which offers detailed practical advice on setting up and running a parish (community) library, selecting materials and running the library on a daily basis
– Outstanding Convention programs on parish and community library topics
– Presentation of Aggiornamento Award to recognize contributions by an individual or organization for the renewal of parish and community life in the spirit of Blessed John XXIII
– Publishing a newsletter for members to inform and support section interests
For information on membership in this section, see the membership page on www.cathla.org, CLA’s website.
Chair: Paul E. Pojman email@example.com