Job Opening for Library Director, Divine Word College
Divine Word College, a Roman Catholic College Seminary in Epworth, Iowa, is seeking a Library Director. The Director is responsible for the administration, maintenance, and development of the Library. In particular: the Director develops and promotes library resources for the benefit of faculty and students in their research and learning needs; leads library operations and services in keeping with current best practices; supervises Assistant Librarian, staff, and student workers; manages the Library budget; and works collaboratively with other areas for the benefit of the users.
Master’s degree in library science from an ALA accredited program; experience working in the setting of a college library; thorough knowledge of the philosophy and practice of interfacing library with information services; knowledge of the Catholic tradition and commitment to the College’s mission.
- Knowledge of the current philosophy and best practices of library services as well as library resources and materials
- Ability to think analytically and develop systems, procedures, and workflow
- Ability to take initiative and think strategically
- Knowledge of technology and relevant software
- Thorough knowledge of how the library interfaces with information technology
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing;
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, interpret policies, and supervise staff
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, supervisors, and others
- Ability to effectively assist faculty and students' research projects
- Ability to network with area libraries and to remain current in one’s professional field
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Opening for Librarian, Villanova University
Villanova University, a Catholic Augustinian community of higher education rooted in the liberal arts, seeks a dynamic and creative librarian so serve as University Librarian of The Falvey Memorial Library. The University Librarian provides strategic leadership and direction to the planning, acquisition, management and preservation of knowledge and information resources that support Villanova University’s instructional and research programs.