CLA and Seton Hall to Co-Sponsor First Leadership Institute for Academic Librarians in Catholic Institutions
Seton Hall University will be presenting its first Leadership Institute for Academic Librarians in Catholic Institutions from June 5 through June 9, 2010 on the university’s main campus in South Orange, NJ (suburban New York City). The Institute is co-sponsored by the Catholic Library Association.
The Leadership Institute for Academic Librarians in Catholic Institutions is designed for academic librarians working in Catholic higher education institutions. Librarianship in a changing faith-based academic world poses specific challenges and understanding these challenges to help position the faith-based academic library for future success provides the context for this Institute.
The Leadership Institute will enable the Academic Librarian to:
- Better understand the special nature of the Catholic university
- Gain skills needed to become a leader in your library
- Develop strategies to become a campus leader
- Learn strategies to market the library on campus
- Learn of the challenges facing Catholic higher education
- Meet colleagues from other Catholic and faith-based Institutions
Who Should Attend?
The program is designed for college and university librarians, especially those working in Catholic and faith-based institutions. Presentations by national higher education experts will include:
- The Call to Service: Librarianship as a Vocation
- Recruiting library faculty and staff to meet the Catholic mission
- Current Policy Issues in Catholic Higher Education
- Leadership Theories in a Catholic Context
- The Librarian in the Service of a Catholic University
- Strategies for Career Development
- Publishing for Career Advancement
Please join us to hear library leaders, excellent conversation, great collegiality and an evening dinner cruise around Manhattan. Among the several speakers, CLA Executive Board member, Cait Kokolus, Vice President for Information Services and Assessment, St. Charles Borromeo Seminary, Wynnewood, Pennsylvania will address attendees on “Recruiting Library Faculty and Staff to Meet the Catholic Mission.” For more information and registration please go to: www.shu.edu/go/libraryleadership